Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Return to Fantasy...


I like fantasy football. I might even be called an addict. Even though the start of the NFL season is months away the re-opening of Yahoo's fantasy leagues inspired me to do some analysis.

I'm a member of a 10 team keeper league, meaning that we get to keep players from our previous year's roster. Last year was the inaugural year and we set up the rules so we would keep 8 players.

I've decided to look at everyone's roster and come up with a 3-tiered system that judges players based on their past performance, potential performance, and also factors in age, injuries, and changing team circumstances. These are a lot of factors that I evaluated in my head based only on the knowledge I possess. No research was done for this, so take it as you will.

My spreadsheet - in Google Docs

Click each image to enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good work, thanks for this!

i think you're underrating vince young, jay cutler, vernon davis and selvin young