Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm Watching YOU

I've only really been writing actively in this blog since the beginning of 2008. Aside from my mother, I don't really know who reads it regularly. Sometimes I ask a friend to give their opinion on something I've written, but outside of that I don't do any promotion. After all, this isn't some commercial venture - it's a place for me to write whatever I feel like writing.

That being said I've found it interesting that people from all over the world have been to my blog. See the counter at the bottom of the page? It's not just a counter. I'm not trying to scare you, but anytime you visit a webpage (anywhere, not just my blog) a lot of information is being collected.

I'll put up 2 displays of information StatCounter.com provides. These charts are current as of today (but only contain info for the last 500 page hits because I'm using the free version.)



As you can see the majority of my hits come from the US and Europe. Not much activity in South America, Africa, and Asia.



I'm surprised to see some of these tiny countries Luxemborg, UAE, Cyprus, and Moldova on this list. What are the odds someone from those countries finds their way to my page?

Pretty neat stuff. StatCounter collects other information too...but I won't post it for privacy's sake. I don't really have any use for the stats other than my own amusement, but it's neat to look at from time to time.

No comments: