Monday, June 2, 2008

My Top 10 TV Women

I've watched a good amount of TV in my life, especially when I was younger. These days my TV is often on, but as background noise. With the rising costs of EVERYTHING I've tried to turn it off when I'm not watching it though.

I was thinking back to a lot of shows I've seen (some I watched regularly for years and others I've seen a dozen or so times) and I got inspired to compile a top 10 list of women from sitcoms that I've had a crush on at some point or another.

There were a few stipulations to my list:
- I'm rating them based on their appearance and fictional character on their show
- I'm rating them based on how I remember them back then, not how they are now
- I'm only thinking of women from shows I've watched at least a dozen times

So without further adieux...

1. Christa Miller - Kate from The Drew Carey Show
Her character was kind of a tomboy, always hanging with Drew and his crew, but she was much more easy on the eyes than the eponymous spectacled one. Not so much a stunning beauty, but cute in the girl-next-door way.


2. Deborah Messing - Grace from Will and Grace
I didn't watch this show that much, but I always liked Grace's curly hair and spunky personality.


3. Jennifer Morrison - Dr. Allison Cameron from House
Her character wasn't only a brilliant doctor, but also one with a sense of ethics and a conscience. Very pretty eyes.


4. Danielle Fishel - Topanga from Boy Meets World
Corey's lifelong crush - in a way she had a very similar character to Winnie from The Wonder Years. What an odd name - I heard she had some major weight fluctuations as well.



5. Christine Lakin - Al from Step by Step
Another very tomboyish character. Hell, she had a guy's name. I always thought she was very pretty though, even if she was a bit rough around the edges.


6. Candace Cameron - D.J. from Full House
DJ was the oldest daughter on the show and probably the least annoying. The Olsen twins and the girl who played Stephanie were really bratty.


7. Julia Louis-Dreyfus - Elaine from Seinfeld
I think Elaine only looks good with her hair down and curly. She's a bit of a nutcase personality wise, but also fun and quirky.


8. Patricia Heaton from Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond
Debra is probably the oldest women on this list and her character is kinda mean, but she can look pretty cute as well.


9. Emily Deschanel - Dr. Temperance Brennan from Bones
Another doctor - although her personality is a lot more logical and robotic than Jennifer Morrison's. She's still attractive in her own way, but she seems to analyze too much like I do.


10. Peri Gilpin - Roz from Frazier
Roz was always kind of rough and tumble, but her character had its endearing aspects when she showed her more feminine side on the show.

9 comments:

Demers said...

Lol Elaine from Seinfeld?

Topanga is my #1 out of that list.

But you forgot Pam from the Office.

Anonymous said...

Why are you blogging about this? Are you 12?

allovertheeowl said...

Demers -
I don't really watch The Office enough to have any character from that show qualify.

Anonymous -
If you didn't notice the title of this blog is "Things I Feel Like Writing". That should answer your question. And yes, I am 12.

Anonymous said...

No place for Eva Longoria?

Or Tricia Helfer?

Both way hotter than anyone on your list.

But it's your list and whatever floats your boat . . .

allovertheeowl said...

Eva Longoria is attractive, but I don't watch any shows of hers so she wasn't eligible to be in my list.

Not sure who Tricia Helfer is.

RustySkoog said...

I disagree with your statement about how Julia Louis-Dreyfus can only look good with her hair down and curly. Take a look here and then tell me she doesn't look good with her hair up .

http://average-dudes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/julia_louis_dreyfus.jpg

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Top site, I hadn't noticed allovertheeowl.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the good work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at allovertheeowl.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Daniel