Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eva Cassidy Revisited

A long time ago I blogged about Eva Cassidy, the shy singer who only really gained fame years after her death in 1996. Today I stumbled back upon that post and rediscovered what an amazing singer and musician she was.

I found an episode of ABC Nightline on Eva's life. I have embedded the videos below in 3 parts. Below that I've embedded additional videos of Eva's music.

In addition to her beautiful renditions of classic ballads, Eva also sang many other styles - including jazz, soul, gospel, folk, blues, rock... I've mixed in songs from each of her styles below.

She truly is the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. Please enjoy and RIP, Eva.

For more information on Eva you can visit this website.

~O~

ABC Nightline Part I


ABC Nightline Part II


ABC Nightline Part III


EDIT: I removed all of the embedded youtube links below because they were making the page load really slowly. Of course you can always just search youtube if you would like to see more of Eva.

No comments: