Monday, March 31, 2008

50th Post Anniversary

I've been writing on this site since March 7, 2007 and this is my 50th post. Yay me!

*Cries softly in the corner*

No, I'm okay, really.

Anyway, in other news I added a counter to the site last Friday to count visitors. It appears I have 6 so far. I'm not sure how many I've had since the site started over a year ago, but then again...I'm not writing this blog to generate ad revenue or earn any sort of income at that.

So, I've decided to make a conscious effort to get more sleep. My goal right now is to be physically in bed at midnight. I see the biggest obstacles to achieving this goal as a) my computer b) food c) tv.

a) my computer - I have a bad habit of getting hooked on youtube right before bedtime. I'll watch one video that's a few minutes long and at the end another related one pops up and I'll think 'oooh, that looks neat, I'll watch that one too'...and then it goes on and on and 2 hours later I realize I've watched 78 youtube clips. argh...damn you tube of you!

b) food - another bad habit of mine is eating too late at night. due to the fact that I usually have dinner early (~6 pm) by midnight I've gone 6 hours without food and then I'm hungry again. Of course eating powers up my body so I have a hard time falling asleep with a full stomach.

c) tv - not that big of a problem. the late night lineup on fox is comprised of seinfeld, scrubs, that 70s show...it's merely background noise and almost always reruns

the biggest part is definitely the computer. i have to make a conscious effort to shut it off before midnight and get myself in bed, even if i don't fall asleep immediately.

i'll keep you updated on how well my quest to do something that babies have no trouble doing goes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Good! You know all your problems. That is easy to overcome if you make up your mind to change things. For your own sake, keep your body young and healthy. DO IT NOW!

Anonymous said...

i don't know oliver.
that sounds like a pretty hefty list of problems. are you sure you're up to the task?