Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am sick

I don't get sick very often and when I do it's usually quite mild and I think this case is no exception.

I first noticed my throat feeling dry on Sunday night when I decided not to drink some water before I went to bed. I usually do so because I feel thirsty but I read it's good not to drink anything before bed because it might make you need to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.

I pretty much never do that anyway, but I decided to forgo the water. Literally 8 hours later I woke up and my throat was sore. I felt crummy at work all day yesterday and today I don't feel fantastic either.

I've started a regimen of various things to make myself get better faster:
- added a 2nd vitamin C pill to my morning shake (getting 1700% of my DV now)
- ate a lot of garlic with dinner last night
- salt water gargling
- drinking green tea right now
- use of sore throat spray
- taking something called Zucol which is this tablet which you let dissolve on your tongue...has some minerals in it

Anyway, I feel okay right now...the sore throat feels tolerable and I'm not really congested.

I'm a big believer in psychosomatic effects so keeping a positive attitude always helps too. I'm sure with another day of rest I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.