Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Terrible Feeling

Wow, I feel terrible. Why do I always do this? Don't worry, it's nothing THAT bad.

I just got back from basketball where we got schooled by a bunch of old folks...I feel ashamed however I do realize that the guys on my team aren't my age either. Chris is the youngest and I think he said he'll be 30 soon. The other guys probably go up to their 50s.

Anyway the thing I always stupidly do is eat a bunch of pasta before sports...and not leave enough time to digest it. Then when I hit the court I feel so sluggish. It's such an awful feeling...your brain is telling your legs to move but there's this lag time in response.

Also, I haven't been to the gym in a year and I think I've gotten a lot weaker. For some reason I thought I had this mythical power to maintain fitness by not exercising. I think I'll have to join a gym.

Next time I have a basketball game I'm going to just eat a energy bar or something and drink some Gatorade. Running around feeling full and slow sucks.

Also, I need to warm up a bit before the game starts. I'm not a great shooter to begin with and I'm even worse coming in cold.


My last two excuses for my bad feeling: my shoes - I feel like I'm ice skating out there. They appear to have tread left but I've worn them on outdoor courts for a long time. I think I'm gonna get a new pair.

Last excuse...my feet. From going from zero playing to a lot I got these 2 symmetric silver dollar sized blisters on the part of my soles. They hurt like a bitch just to walk around, a stinging feeling.

Anyway, I hate losing and I need to get in shape.

1 comment:

Dan said...

ball it up big o