Monday, January 28, 2008

Progress Report

So how am I doing on those resolutions?

Let's check in.

1. No soda - check. Haven't really had cravings for it too much although today I forgot to bring my water bottle to work so I'll probably have to buy some non-soda beverage.

2. No fried foods - I had to think about this when I went to Wendy's last Thursday after my basketball game. I got a grilled chicken sandwich instead. But so far, so good.

3. Flossing - I've got this one down now.

4. Call home twice a week - check although my mother called me first on Saturday.

5. Exercise - I've done my 100/100/100/100 routine twice now. Still taking a few days to recover from soreness. The only thing that makes me sore is the pushups. I've been varying them up now. For one set I do them elevated on chairs, then close grip, wide grip, diamond, upper chest and lower chest. Hopefully once I get in better shape I'll be able to go to a every-other-day routine.

On another note I'm trying to get more into jazz. Listening to some classics right now. It's really relaxing music and with no lyrics it doesn't disrupt my concentration. I bought a sustain pedal for my keyboard after years of not having one. I also got a book of jazz standards to gain some more exposure to it. I'm so locked into my classically based harmonies that a little dissonance is so foreign to me.

I'm looking into joining this jazz group that plays in CT, but I really have zero experience playing jazz so we'll see how that goes. It's just a totally new style for me.

No comments: