Saturday, August 29, 2009

Going out

You know sucks about going to bars or parties? When it's too crowded, too loud, and too hot. I sound like a whiner, but it really kills the mood when you can't move around...or hear what the person next to you is saying, or when you're sweating through your shirt.

If I owned a bar or club I'd limit the number of people who could be inside. It would not only create a feeling of exclusivity but would also prevent the all too common shoulder-to-shoulder packed feeling you feel in a lot of bars.

About the noise issue...I always feel like I'm yelling at people when I'm talking to them. So music would have to be kept at a reasonable level. And air conditioning...yes please.

Granted I'm complaining about a house party at which I had a reasonably good time, but things could have been nicer.

It's just not conducive to socializing when you're restricted by those factors above.

Throw in alcohol and it gets even harder (even though it may feel easier).

I guess all I'm getting at is the ideal 'going out' place would be spacious, nice and cool, and not too loud. If there's a place like that, that's where I wanna go.

That is all.

No comments: